Concern for my sister

SallyTyrrell

Dec 20, 2014
Hi, I live in Hawaii and my sister in CA. She has just been started on Aricept, but her MD is telling her she doesn't have Alzheimer's...just normal brain shrinkage. Isn't Alzheimers only diagnosable from an atopsie? I and her children see evidence of real memory loss...keys lost, checks lost, can't deal with bills, phone or computer issues, can't make airline reservations, print boarding passes...things she could handle before. What is her MD really saying? She lives alone with no relatives close by, but strong support from friends. Thanks for the welcome and support Sally

KaylaG

Dec 20, 2014
Hi
I am a senior carer in a specialized home for Alzheimer's. i understand your concern about your sister, it takes quite a while to identify if somebody actually has Dementia and also what type of dementia they are suffering with but i would say that your sister should have a second opinion from another Dr. also we have specialized nurses who come to our home i work at called Memories nurses and they are trained to pick up signs of dementia and also what it may be without having to do to many stressful tests etc. maybe just look on the internet with further help or advice you may be able to get.
I hope that you and your sister is have a lovely Christmas and you get the answers you are looking for. x

SallyTyrrell

Dec 20, 2014
Thank you so much, Kayla

for taking the time to respond to me. I will do more searching on-line. My sister is arriving to spend Christmas with me so I will get a better look at how she is. My thanks and Merry Christmas, SallyT
Hi
I am a senior carer in a specialized home for Alzheimer's. i understand your concern about your sister, it takes quite a while to identify if somebody actually has Dementia and also what type of dementia they are suffering with but i would say that your sister should have a second opinion from another Dr. also we have specialized nurses who come to our home i work at called Memories nurses and they are trained to pick up signs of dementia and also what it may be without having to do to many stressful tests etc. maybe just look on the internet with further help or advice you may be able to get.
I hope that you and your sister is have a lovely Christmas and you get the answers you are looking for. x