Concealed GPS tracker

Deebles

Dec 27, 2012
So my mother, who has Alzheimer's, and is still v mobile (although she's given up on driving and we've sold the car, thank goodness), is starting to get lost a little more. I'm looking at GPS trackers, with the intention of hiding one in her handbag that she takes everywhere. But stitching it into her handbag would obviously make it difficult to charge, and not stitching it in would seem a recipe for it to get lost. Any tips on hidden trackers?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi Deebles
dad wore his as a watch - though it was rather large, so not sure your mum would be happy with that
I believe there are ways to use a mobile as a tracker (there have been threads about this) - even if she doesn't use a mobile, she may not be bothered with having one in her handbag as a 'just in case' - as long as she wouldn't want to switch it off completely; maybe put a cover on it so she doesn't even see it a s a mobile
best wishes

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
We got one and put it onto Mum's keyring (which held her door keys). It is quite bulky but Mum doesn't worry over it - maybe because it looks a bit similar to a car key fob which she was familiar with.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Father Christmas could bring her a new handbag, with a zipped compartment that you perhaps wouldn't make a point of 'pointing out'. Zip it in an she perhaps wouldn't know it was there.

Missie 1956

Oct 24, 2016
My mum carries hers on her key ring. I told her it would help if she looses her keys so she likes to carry it with her.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
There are types that fit on to pet collars, which are quite small & neat. Perhaps you could fit it on to a bracelet or neck chain? Or even use a safety pin to pin it to her clothing each day?