Computers and Dementia

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Sylvia,

It is this mornings Northern Echo that doctors in Newcastle and Sunderland are doing research into Vitamins B6 and B12. There seems to be some link with Alzheimers and they are trying to find out what it is.
We tried before to find some information but could not get anywhere, but now it looks as if some one has already started the tests.

Best Wishes

Ken

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Ken and Chip, I found the links and information very interesting.

Clinging to straws it may be, but taking B12 supplements can`t do any harm. Only in my opinion, of course.

With love

dolly gee

Mar 9, 2007
merseyside
hi ken i am very sorry to hear of your problems you dont say why you lost your job or what age you are, i taught myself on my computer its the best thing that i ever done.I wish you well and look forward to hear from you often take care Dolly gee

dolly gee

Mar 9, 2007
merseyside
Ken just browes some of your mail you seem to be determind to get on with your life and your family are very suportive i admire your courage i only wish my mum and sister did,but it wasnt to be god bless dolly g

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi dolly gee,
Sorry I did not answer before, but my computer died last week and it took me till Tuesday night to put it back together and reload it. So I felt totally lost without it, as if someone close had died which is totally stupid, but apart from my family this is my life line.
We are all different and I know many people who have the illness, and can not speak, let alone use a computer like me. I consider myself to be extremely lucky to have been diagnosed in the early stages, and although I was refused treatment at first, I moved back to my parents home in the North East after they had died, and was then offered the same treatment which gave me my life back. But I work with many in our branch who were not as lucky, and at times it is very upsetting to me never mind what their families are going through.
I lost my job because I was a University Engineer with the responsibility for all the services and maintenance of a College complex which housed 300 students, and I was then classed as unsafe to manage my job. Bearing in mind that I was working at times with electricity it was hardly suprising as at the end I could not tell which cables were infact live and which were neutral. The same day this happened my daughter rang me up in my office and I did not know who it was. That was the last full days work I ever did at the age of 56.
As far as the computer is concerned I was forced to teach my self, as I always considered computers to be ailien and would rather write things out than use one of those things. Now I find it difficult to write anything at all.
Its a very strange world is'nt it. Still there are people alot worse off than me at present, and its that that keeps me going.

Best Wishes

Ken