• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

completing COP forms


Registered User
Apr 15, 2015
My uncle and aunt have been in a care home since September after he had a stroke.
She has dementia which he had got very good at disguising.
The care home bills are unpaid and are mounting up!!!
I got the LPA paperwork done on his behalf but when I approached his bank to ask for access to their account the bank said as the main account is a joint account the need the paperwork for her as well.
As she has dementia that has to be a COP application.

Can anyone advise me on wording for the question
Please state the matter you want the court to decide?
Please state the order are you asking the court to make?

Early riser

Registered User
Mar 16, 2014
Hi welcome to talking point.

1 Whether (their full name) is able to make decisions regarding property and affairs.

2 To appoint (your full name) as deputy to manage affairs and sell (the full address of the property)

That's all you need, you don't need to itemise bank details in this part of the application form.

Best wishes


Registered User
Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I used very similar wording

1 - I want the Court to make the decision that (Mums full name) lacks the capacity to manage her own affairs

2 - I would like the Court to make an order to appoint myself (my full name) as a deputy of the Court with responsibility for managing the affairs of my mother (her full name) including the sale of her house (full address)

You can always phone the Court Enquiry Service on 0300 456 4600 with problems. I have found them helpful.