Completely off topic but need to vent

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Right so I booked my flight to the UK a month ago, carefully selected aisle seats, and when I went to print out my ticket this morning I found that *poof* my seat assignment had disappeared. Called the airline, only to be told that I had removed it 2 hours before. I hadn't (I wasn't even up at that time, if you want to know the truth). Of course, no aisle seats left now. It's not that it happened that is irritating me, is the stupid CSR telling me that I did it that's really eating at me. I know I have to let it go - it's done and there's not a lot left for me to do, apart from complaining to customer relations (which I have done). In fact, I'm not sure WHY I can't let it go - after all the last 3 flights I travelled to the UK on, I didn't even get on the flight I was supposed to be on, and my luggage got lost etc etc etc. I just want to strangle someone, and really that's not like me (well, not about something like this, anyway). I suppose it's because I carefully planned that I would have a 3 hour layover in Philadelphia in order that I (and my bags) WOULDN'T miss the connection, and now this happens. Pathetic isn't it?

Jennifer

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Jennifer,
Vent away! Don't think you are looking for any meaningful replies - so I won't try and make one. I do understand your annoyance though.
Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No jennifer, it isn`t pathetic. You are forced to stay in control, so much, this is one incident where you can blow your top without hurting anyone.
Rant as much as you want, but have a good trip anyway.
Love Sylvia

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Jennifer

What a pain, hey bet you were doubting your sanity there for a while!! You sure you didn't change your seat booking just for the hell of it, and even in your sleep!!

Cheer up, I bet you and your bags will have a fantastic trip, just think, you can just reach up, ring that bell, and hey presto, large G n T delivered to your seat (even though it wasnt the one you booked).

Have a great flight, and a fab holiday.
Take care
Cate

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yeah! Mines a double!

Thanks all - you made me feel better. Sylvia - you've got it spot on! When things go wrong when I'm travelling I am extremely laid back about it, but when I've planned and they go wrong in advance - oh man.

Cate - unfortunately not a holiday - this is me visiting mummy, with all the stress that that involves
Jennifer

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jennifer, know exactly how you feel. Airports and airlines are a nightmare, even when you're going on holiday, but in your circumstances it must be a hundred times worse.

Hope you find your mum's as comfortable as possible. It must be hard, caing for her from across the pond. Have a good flight, have a G&T for me!

Skye

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Just keep getting up and annoying the people next to you as you keep going to the loo , then on the bright side of it , you can look out of the window see those lovely clouds go flying by

I do understand your frustration, as I pay £15 each for me and mum to have more leg room ,then when I got on the plan was told that we could not sit near the emergency door where they was more leg room for mum. for some unknown reason that I have forgot why now, at the time I was to stress out from waiting for someone to take us the long way in a wheelchair with mum ,then go up a lift to the plan that scared the wits out of mum. That I forgot to complain that I had pay for more legroom .

I find flying to stress full now that I am caring for mum even when I go on my own.

(another time) My daughter boyfriend took me to the airport in his car, what was meant to be an hour to get there took 3 hours, because he got lost, took the wrong turning on the motorway. I in the back seat was having a silent panic attack, tears nearly falling out we got there just in time, I running to board the pain. Thinking I should of got the coach and holding my head high , because I was the last passenger on :eek: .............. Have fun annoying every one lol only joking

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I expect that was because your mother was in a wheelchair - to be seated next to an emergency exit you have to be fully able bodied (although I look at those doors sometimes and think "I don't think I could do that - pull up pull left pull down ahhhh"

My worst "going to the airport" story was 2 trips ago, when I'd just got on the M6 and between me and the next exit, there was an accident, so we sat there almost 3 hours. Missed the plane completely. That didn't phase me as much as this (nor the time I arrived at the airport an entire month early!)

Jennifer

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes, well, it may not surprise you to learn that I had a few things on my mind at the time :eek:

As for your image of your mother trying to get off the plane :D

Jennifer

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
I booked the tickets for my November trip to Cincinnati last week and I also went for a aisle seat .......

Every-time I get on a plane there's someone in my seat, they pretend that they've made a mistake and then offer me their window seat. In the past I'd back down and let them have my seat (it's a combination of me being shy and British *lol*) .. But after dealing with AZ for a couple of years I now just explain to them that it's my bloody seat and my bum will be sat on it during the flight :)

la,de,da,

Paul

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi mojofilter

... and if that doesn't work then try the clincher "oh all right then, but I am subject to spontaneous projectile vomiting and I wanted the aisle seat so I would miss the fellow passengers in my row. I've selected the mixed vegetable soup for the first meal, by the way..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson