Compassionate Communication with the Memory Impaired

Pam - did your parish magazine publish this (apologies if I missed that info)?

Not yet - must have another shot at it, having got the permission! After various to-and-fro communications, she published a page I wrote about AZ in general (as counterblast to the silly jokey piece the previous month) in which I gave contact info for AS and the local (general) carers group. Last time I spoke to my contact at the carers group she said they'd had someone ring to get support who'd read about it in our village parish mag, so I felt very pleased about that! Pam

Jacqui 99

Apr 21, 2011
Kendal
Thank you for postimg this. This is my first morning of knowing my mum has alzheimers and i recognise a lot of the behaviour already...thanks soooo much for setting me on the road to trying to avoid the Don'ts.
jacqui x

Sox

Mar 12, 2011
Thank you Sylvia - I saw it a while ago and thought how useful it would be but didn't have time to print it, then of course forgot!! It answers some questions but of course not all, however those usually come from TP members anyway. So have now printed it off and will give copies to family, friends etc. Many thanks. Take care. Sox

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Is this the sort of thing that can be 'stickied'? As it really is so useful

Sue

britcare4

Jul 5, 2011
This is so useful, I have it pinned to my notice-board. I see we were doing far too many Don'ts. thanks for giving me the link.

JenniferW

Jul 17, 2011
Shropshire
This is VERY helpful - bit interestingly, didn't come up at all when I was searching the forums for advice on how to handle repetitions! This is just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
This is VERY helpful - bit interestingly, didn't come up at all when I was searching the forums for advice on how to handle repetitions! This is just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Sorry to be repeptitive;) but I did ask if this thread can be stickied a while back, - don't know who's responsible to sticky something or if anyone can but I wouldn't know how to do it.

Perhaps one of the moderators can.

Thanks
Sue

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Sorry to be repeptitive;) but I did ask if this thread can be stickied a while back, - don't know who's responsible to sticky something or if anyone can but I wouldn't know how to do it.

Perhaps one of the moderators can.

Thanks
Sue

I agree with you, this thread should be added to the stickies,I frequently give the link to this thread when I spot someone may be helped by it or needs to see a way how to, but like most people I dont read every thread or post

SO please would one of you Lovely mods make this a sticky
please please PLEASE

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Unfortunately, we have discovered that having a lot of stickies makes it very difficult for new users to find their way around the forum (the useability testing we conducted highlighted this problem). That's why we have progressively reduced the number of stickies in favour of providing the links in a single stickied thread.

Specifically this thread Really Useful Resources has a number of different, well, really useful resources :))) contained within it, including this one.