Companionship and intimacy

wimbledon7

May 27, 2007
england
I have a wife who has had Alzheimer's for 8 years now and deteriorating. My needs are for companionship and intimacy but don't know what to do or where to go? I feel the end is nigh so would like someone close to help me through. Also, the physical needs I have do not diminish.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I have a wife who has had Alzheimer's for 8 years now and deteriorating. My needs are for companionship and intimacy but don't know what to do or where to go? I feel the end is nigh so would like someone close to help me through. Also, the physical needs I have do not diminish.

Our Admiral Nurses ran a workshop on this very issue. The spent a lot of time suggesting how aides are helpful as we all age. They didn't suggest any solution to meeting your needs. One of the A N shared her absence from the field in the last few years. Openly revealed she had had a bad experience but didn't give any detail.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I wonder if your GP or local Carer's association (if there is one) could refer you for counselling so you can work through some of these issues wimbledon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513