Companionship and intimacy

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by wimbledon7, Oct 3, 2015.

1. wimbledon7

wimbledon7 Registered User

May 27, 2007
    england
    I have a wife who has had Alzheimer's for 8 years now and deteriorating. My needs are for companionship and intimacy but don't know what to do or where to go? I feel the end is nigh so would like someone close to help me through. Also, the physical needs I have do not diminish.

2. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Our Admiral Nurses ran a workshop on this very issue. The spent a lot of time suggesting how aides are helpful as we all age. They didn't suggest any solution to meeting your needs. One of the A N shared her absence from the field in the last few years. Openly revealed she had had a bad experience but didn't give any detail.

3. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    I wonder if your GP or local Carer's association (if there is one) could refer you for counselling so you can work through some of these issues wimbledon.

4. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford