Companionship and intimacy

wimbledon7

May 27, 2007
england
I have a wife who has had Alzheimer's for 8 years now and deteriorating. My needs are for companionship and intimacy but don't know what to do or where to go? I feel the end is nigh so would like someone close to help me through. Also, the physical needs I have do not diminish.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I have a wife who has had Alzheimer's for 8 years now and deteriorating. My needs are for companionship and intimacy but don't know what to do or where to go? I feel the end is nigh so would like someone close to help me through. Also, the physical needs I have do not diminish.

Our Admiral Nurses ran a workshop on this very issue. The spent a lot of time suggesting how aides are helpful as we all age. They didn't suggest any solution to meeting your needs. One of the A N shared her absence from the field in the last few years. Openly revealed she had had a bad experience but didn't give any detail.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I wonder if your GP or local Carer's association (if there is one) could refer you for counselling so you can work through some of these issues wimbledon.