Commode success!

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Just wanted to share a success story about my MIL. She has been in a care home for over a year now, but we occasionally bring her back to our home for dinner and a quiet change of scenery, which she really appreciates.

Recently however, she has been falling over a lot and is noticeably less steady on her feet. We only have an upstairs toilet in our house, so naturally I was fearful of her using the stairs (her care home is all on one level). I was worried that we'd have to stop the home visits, which would be a shame as she does enjoy them.

After a chat with the care home manager, she lent me a commode to take home. Worth a try, I thought. Well...I was amazed when, yesterday, MIL took to it straight away! I was expecting her to feel embarrassed or insulted, but no...she quite happily used it, even with me and my husband in the room! Husband discreetly left the room though!

I'm just feeling so chuffed, I had to share!

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
That is good news,and so helpful of the care home to lend you one to try. May be worth borrowing one from Red Cross-depending on how often you may need it.
Great to read of a success.
Ros

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Delighted to hear that, it would be such a shame to stop her trip to you.
As other post we got a brand new one supplied by occupational therapy when Mum left hospital post a fall. They told us they do not take them back so do what we wish with it.
Worth trying to contact admiral for a co tact number. X
Thank you for posting, needed some good news, Monday blues.