Coming to terms with the loss of my Mum (97).

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Hi @Marcelle123 . I’m sorry your operation didn’t go to plan. I hope the next one goes without a hitch.

My mum died 11 years ago on November 29th and my dad a couple of years ago just before Christmas so this is always a melancholic time of year for me. I don’t think we ever get over the loss of people so we’ll loved, I miss my aunt (mum’s twin) too. I’m sure they wouldn’t want me to be upset though so I try to focus on the positive memories. They all had good lives even if the end wasn’t what we’d wish for!

It gets easier as time goes by..

Thank you for your lovely thoughtful post, @Bunpoots .

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I don't come here very often these days because it just revives sad memories about Mum and the way the last few years did spoil her life and mine. But I think it's a wonderful forum with all kinds of emotional and practical support available.
I just wanted to say that I had my second cataract operation a month ago and it went well. I now have good sight in both eyes. My husband, who has been attending a Sheffield clinic because of a suspected retinal melanoma, got good news when we went down there last week - the retinal whatever-it-is has 'regressed' and the consultant is much less worried about it, though he's arranged for John to be monitored in six months time.

I still miss Mum a lot and wish things could have been different - but in some ways she escaped a lot of turmoil by dying in December 2017. I constantly wonder how her lovely care home has fared in the time of covid. It was a very good place. It must be awful for people not to be able to see their loved ones and I feel for them very much.