Coming to terms slowly !

blandford516

May 16, 2012
Hi Guy,s

I just could not stay away ! I have looked at the forums over the past few weeks although some I find very upsetting as I suppose my feelings are still raw after loosing mum just before Christmas and Dad nearly two years ago now .
I am glad Mother,s Day is over and done with like many on here . I spent the day painting just about everything ! and making a right mess. Everywhere I went there were constant reminders of Mothers Day and it was getting me down . Then there is mum,s birthday on May 8th . I guess there are always going to be reminders of special days and places we visited .I have come to realise that I am slowly getting on with my life . Some days I feel sad but I must admit they are few. Strangely enough mum has just been awarded CHC ,I always knew she would not be around for her to truly benefit from it . Still I am glad we did not drop it just because she is no longer here . Anyway just to let you know I am getting there and will pop in from time to time . Wishing you all the very best x

geum123

May 20, 2009
Hi Blandford
It's only a very short time since you lost your Mum, so everything is bound to still be raw.
It's is over two years since my Dad died, and I mainly avoid the main forum now and stick to the Tea room as the sorrow of what others are enduring can be overwhelming at times.

I don't think we will ever forget our loved ones, but then they were worthy of the precious memories. I think maybe we just learn to gradually live without them, but they are still in our hearts and so still with us.

Wishing you strength in the coming months, and I'm glad you persevered and got the NHSCC, but I know it will have felt very bitter sweet.

Take care,
Love Geum. xxx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
For me it is true that we gradually learn to live without them. I lost my husband in September 2012 and my mother in November 2012 and carried on through Christmas for the sake of the grandchildren and in the January realised I was losing it and got some counselling. With a new insight into myself I slowly rebuilt my life but the holidays and special days, birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day etc are still hard to go through even this far out. My way is to plan the day so it might be breakfast, a walk, a trip out in the car, a day at the movies, whatever takes my fancy a few days before. Then when it is over on I go on with my normal routine as much as I can.

Remember to look after yourself,good food, a good night's rest, some exercise in the fresh air. It is important to keep a quality life that your loved one would have wanted you to have. And remember people are thinking of you and wishing you well.

Sue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatherinlaw