1. Cuddledoll

Cuddledoll Registered User

Oct 29, 2015
    Renfrewshire
    #1 Cuddledoll, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Hi Everyone, I just joined today. I have read extensively on the benefits (and the controversial comments) about comfort doll therapy. I have decided to start a Comfort Doll For Dementia group on fb and in my community. This group has started collecting new/almost new dolls from local people, these dolls are then made a brand new 'layette' set of clothes and blankets from my knitting group.

I telephoned local care homes and asked if they would be interested in receiving them for FREE.
    If anyone would like to give me feedback, suggestions etc I would really appreciate it.

I do not have a photo of someone cuddling a comfort doll but if anyone would be kind enough to let me use a photo to promote this not-for-profit group I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for reading - am sorry if I have offended anyone who may dislike the idea of comfort dolls. x

2. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    #2 CollegeGirl, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Hi - I think it's a great idea and would like to wish you all the best. Perhaps you could take your own photo of someone with a doll? I would imagine you'd probably have to ask someone with capacity to give their permission for the photo to be taken and used - so a 'model' in other words. But I'm sure this could be done.

I've often wondered about getting a doll for my mam, as she has always loved babies and children - and in fact still does. But dad isn't keen as he's reluctant to give her something so 'childish', plus he has a fear that she would think the 'baby' was dead when it didn't move or respond, and become distressed. I can see where he's coming from on this, so have never gone ahead and bought her a doll.

But I'd love to give it a try, myself. She does have a soft teddy but doesn't bother with it much.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent