1. nannyali

nannyali Registered User

Mar 24, 2016
    #1 nannyali, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2016
    i have found it very helpful, i have one tablespoon of the oil three times a day spread on toast with marmite. I have seen good results since using this oil, only losing one point on my latest test. I would suggest that you keep the oil somewhere warm as it can be a little difficult to get out of the jar when cold. All the very best.

2. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Hi Alison, welcome to TP
    I've been giving it to my wife for a couple of years, that and turmeric too. Whilst there's no real evidence either does work I figured it can't do any harm either and both are cheap enough to buy.
    I just put in in anything like; curry, stew, soup and the like where it dissolves, it's also good for frying as it cooks at a higher temperature.
    My tip is to buy it from an ethnic food shop, the jar I have has a price sticker of £1.26 on it (500g) most supermarkets charge over double that, however, a major supermarket (the one where every little helps) has it on offer (on line, not sure about
    in-store) for £1.25 so stock up:)
    K

3. Aisling

Aisling Registered User

Dec 5, 2015
    Ireland

I was interested in coconut oil too. I tried it myself for two days as I was worried about giving it to T. I probably did something stupid but I was sick for two days afterwards. I didn't give it to T! Yes I swallowed two teaspoons of it each day!!

Aisling

4. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Have you heard the expression "the bottom fell out of my world"?
    Two straight spoonfulls of it in a day I'm surprised this didn't happen, but the other way round :) It is a bit of a laxative when eaten on its own.
    K

5. Aisling

Aisling Registered User

Dec 5, 2015
    Ireland

Thank you Kevini!!

Aisling

6. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Should have said you can use it to brown the meat before you make a stobhach Gaelach or Irish stew/casserole too then put it in with the meat, eating it on it's own probably isn't the best way.
    K

7. Owly

Owly Registered User

Jun 6, 2011