Coconut Oil

avian999

Oct 24, 2011
Cardigan Wales
Have been reading a lot about coconut oil recently, many say that it can help with the brain absorbing the nutrients from it.
Has anyone tried it...
Thanks.

karen.b

Jul 10, 2015
Hi, I have been giving my husband coconut oil for almost 3 years. 15 ml, twice a day. To begin with it made him more alert to his surrounding and less sleepy. I felt like it made a lot of difference. We started with the oil shortly after he was diagnosed, at age 54, and was still working. He continued working for less then 2 years. He is 58 now and the disease has progressed rapidly. I am very skeptic if the coconut oil is contributing now to his condition, but i am still giving it to him (when he will take it...).
I give it to him in a the form of a biscuit (I mix it - ground almonds, tea biscuits, dates and cocoa).
I have heard about the coconut oil from a book called "Alzheimer's Disease- What if there was a cure?"

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
You never know if it works or not unless you do a full clinical trial. I read about coconut oil a few years back and started to use it in cooking and it's really quite good for frying and browning things I prefer using it to oil as it doesn't spit as much and has no taste.
I can't see it can do any harm so why not? You'll probably find it's about half the supermarket price at an ethnic food shop.
K

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
The teepa snow videos on youtube mention this. She says it cant make it better but allows the brain to be the best it can be for now. Its an easy nutrient source for the brain to function, not a cure.

Rheme

Nov 23, 2013
England
I give my mum coconut water (not from concentrate). It is full of nutrients, potassium and really good at hydrating (especially good during the summer months).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95