Coconut Oil Works Wonders

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I know that some people make wild claims for the benefits of coconut oil. I have no doubt that it has been of great benefit in our household. Roast potatoes cooked in coconut oil are superb: in our view there is no other way to cook them. Yesterday we learned of another potential benefit that had immediate effect.

Jane a new carer was coming to the end of her shift and spotted we were using coconut oil within our menu for lunch. She exclaimed: 'amazing - my partner has suggested I use it to get rid of my stretch marks'. In a flash I gave her a couple of spoonfuls in an empty jar and Jane left full of expectation of improvement.

It was great to send Jane away on such a positive note. She worked incredibly hard with Maureen providing support that was vital during a very difficult morning. I hope we see Jane in the near future and look forward to seeing evidence that coconut oil reaches parts that other products never get to.

EdenDesjardins

May 25, 2015
Why does Coconut Oil have such "miraculous" results? Do you think it is just a placebo effect? I'm curious of learning the true effects before making purchases. Thank you everyone.

From what I can see, there is nothing conclusive so far.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Why does Coconut Oil have such "miraculous" results? Do you think it is just a placebo effect? I'm curious of learning the true effects before making purchases. Thank you everyone.

From what I can see, there is nothing conclusive so far.

I think Grey Lad's post was tongue in cheek. We do occasionally get posts touting coconut oil as a "cure" for dementia I'm afraid, which of course it isn't, hence his post.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I think Grey Lad's post was tongue in cheek. We do occasionally get posts touting coconut oil as a "cure" for dementia I'm afraid, which of course it isn't, hence his post.

There are lots of benefits from using coconut oil but unfortunately there is no evidence that it helps with dementia. Downloaded a document the other day that mentioned a 100 uses but that did not include dementia.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
When I was a kid one of the local chemists made his own suntan cream using coconut oil. In a vivid pink container! At least you never lost it and once when I was abroad I got accosted by someone who said, I wasn't sure it was you, but then I saw the suntan cream!

Roses40

Jan 25, 2015
manchester
Thirty or forty years ago we used to use coconut oil and vinegar on our skins whilst sunbathing. I had a malignant melanoma removed about fifteen years ago. Anecdotal evidence re frying ones skin perhaps!!!