Coconut Oil - Fuel for Thought

realist1234

Oct 30, 2014
Hi

Some of you may have been aware that a trial testing the efficacy of coconut oil for Alzheimer's sufferers is being carried out by the University of South Florida. Unfortunately they have had a hard time recruiting people and if the trial continues, it will be around 2 years before any results are published.

They are using 'Fuel for Thought' coconut oil drink - I wondered if this was available in the UK and if anyone on the forum are currently using it with their loved ones, and if so if they have noticed any difference in their cognition?

Thanks

Peter

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
This "wonder solution" rears its head every now and then. It has been promoted as a cure/treatment for quite a lot of years now and, to be honest, if it was showing any positive results, the drug companies would have jumped at the chance of making a fast buck and would have found willing research guinea pigs beating a path to their door.
I am not saying that it does not have any general health value, merely that it has failed to demonstrate any curative value.

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Tried this for a while with pure virgin coconut oil for about 2 months then someone told me you have to be careful with certain blood types. Saw no change so stopped, no adverse effect either.........