coats

lupo

Jun 11, 2011
Hi as Mum struggles with standing and walking and is quite rigid we are struggling trying to get a coat on her. We thought a winter loose poncho would be best. Does anyone know any stores that have these? We only have M n S , Next, Asda Tesco etc but perhaps could order one online. Thanks

Hair Twiddler

Aug 14, 2012
Middle England
Yes,
Know where you are coming from. It is difficult to put that extra outside layer on. A poncho is a good idea - however I agree that getting the right one is the challenge. Online is all very well but the pictures and the smiley, cosy model (in my experience) poses are not very realistic.
Layers are our choice - an oversized snug & then a cheap & cheerful raincoat do the business.

Ellie315

Jun 29, 2011
Tescos do have some gorgeous wool winter poncho's for sale at the moment. Don't think they're waterproof though. Waterproof ones will tend to be colder I think, as I associate them with the mac type material although perhaps you could get one with a fleecy inner lining? :confused: maybe someone else will come along with some good suggestions.

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Regatta do a waterproof poncho, if you maybe got one a size bigger than you needed you could maybe put a nice thick wooly one underneath, the regatta have a hood too.

I'm only mentioning the brand as all my children have their waterproof clothing and its never let them down.

Sharon x

boudicca

May 23, 2011
Me London, Dad in Herts
Capes were very fashionable last winter, so I'm sure you could find one at a reasonable price. But you need to google 'cape' rather than poncho!

Also very easy to sew if you happen to be handy with a sewing machine.

Aquamanda

Jan 8, 2012
Have a look on ebay; I think there are literally about 5,000 listed on there so you will be spoiled for choice and should get a bargain too!

lupo

Jun 11, 2011
Thank you all for your responses. Yes she is in a wheelchair. I will look through all your ideas and purchase something

penga

Jun 4, 2012
HI

you can get waterproof capes, they do up in the front (Easier for someone with D)
that also go over the wheelchair, MIL's one also had a hood not that she will have the hood up Bought on that auction website, we put a fllece underneather (the cape is showerproof and lined,

Hope you find something suitable

Regards

C