clueless

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
clueless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mum went into NH in january, for the previous years after dad died prior my brother was the "carer" as he lived out the back in a semi detached unit.
I got some bad news the other week, Mum has been taken off aricept now as her dementia is too far advanced for it to be of any help.
They have started anti-psychotics (along with anti -anxiety meds)

so my brother rang me the other day to discuss financials...
me "I have some bad news"
"What?" says he
"they have taken mum off the aricept" says I
"Whats that??" says he. Me thinks ...HUH?????
ME :mad: : its the drug used to slow down the progression of AD...you supervised her taking it for 2 years"
Him......oh.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Tell me about it!

Having been very upset a few weeks ago to discover that the end stage with PPA can be very sudden and very quick, I agonised on TP as to whetherI should tell John's sons.

When I told his youngest son, there was virtually no reaction, or discussion.

This morning he rang, having been told by his brother that his dad was in hospital, and asked what was wrong. (John's been ill for almost two weeks!)

I explained what had happened, and that at first I was afraid that it was the start of the downward slide. He said 'What do you mean?'

Clueless? Oh yes! Uncaring? I'm afraid so. Did he really think I was making it up, or was he just not interested?

I'm sorry, but my concern for his feelings at the moment is absolutely zero.

So sorry zonkjonk, you can't do anything with these people.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear zonkjonk,
Sorry to hear of your mum's decline. Scary, to think that your brother was handing out meds to your mum and not even knowing what they were being used for. They say 'Ignorance is Bliss'. Thinking of you. Taffy.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Skye said:
Clueless? Oh yes! Uncaring? I'm afraid so. Did he really think I was making it up, or was he just not interested?
Dear Hazel, I can see how upsetting this would have been for you. I remember your post and how you agonised over the decision about telling Johns sons. I think that a good majority of people these days are so wrapped up in their own wants and needs that they don't consider the needs of others. It's pretty sad when it comes to their own blood. I do hope that John is doing OK. Regards Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What is it with these people that they are so selfish?

I`m so sorry zonkjonk and Hazel, that your pain and upset should be dismissed so cold-heartedly. Strangers show more compassion.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Grannie G said:
Strangers show more compassion.

Especially when they're members of TP!:)

Although we're not really strangers, are we? Just friends who have not yet met.

Love,

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
See you later....

"just friends who have not yet met."

What a lovely sentiment Hazel. I often wish we could all meet up........what an event that would be. A bit like a World Scout Jamboree.

Aileen

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti