Clothing difficulties

yorkie46

Jan 28, 2014
Southampton
Does anyone know where I can get men's shirts with press stud fastening, my husband is having increasing difficulty with buttons. I bought him a button fastener but he still finds that difficult and frequently forgets he has it or how to use it or will tell me it doesn't help of doesn't work!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I'm not sure press studs would be easier! Could you get him into a different style? Maybe something that goes over the head and just has a few buttons at the neck (that can be left undone anyway!)

Does he want to do it himself or would he prefer that you were his 'button fastener'?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My OH wears smart polo shirts for exactly the same reason.
Personally I think press studs are really fiddly.
If he insists on wearing shirts and wont let you do the buttons, could you sew the buttons onto the buttonholes and sew a small bit of velcro inplace of buttons?

yorkie46

Jan 28, 2014
Southampton
Thanks @Jaded'n'faded and @canary .
He has a couple of shirts with press stud which he bought years ago from Rohan. They were very expensive. He managed them much better. I've tried to get him to wear polo shirts but he says they look scruffy. Don't really know why that's a problem when most of the time the only person who sees him is me!

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Do you use e-Bay @yorkie46 ? If you don't mind second hand and happy with internet shopping and bidding/making offers, try typing "men's shirt with poppers" into e-Bay every now and then. I just tried out of interest and a few came up.