closing to visitors

nikita

Jul 31, 2004
i went to visit gran yesterday and her home is closed to all due to a sickness and diarrohea bug it was awful just having to walk away, not knowing if she has the bug or not i can appreciate why they have closed to visitors but its awful not knowing when i will be able to next see her, the info says just for a few days, has anyone came across this before.

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Yes - a very nasty bug!

a couple of weeks ago. I was prewarned by one of Aunts friends who had been advised not to enter so I went armed with the goodie bag just to drop off. It had almost cleared by then so the staff said I could go in if I wanted but being none too healthy myself at the time I didn't.

When I rang they were very helpful and it appears Aunt escaped it this time and when I went again the following week she was certainly on form.

It is worrying - you can't help but think maybe the staff are protecting you saying your loved one is ok - but I can't imagine what it must be like for the poor staff and residents when something like this hits. They have to be vigilent and any way we can help then I reckon we have to.

Try not to worry, she'll be in good hands
Kriss

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Nikita, yes, it is upsetting for you, but barrier nursing is the best way to get rid of the bug as fast as posible. Why not give the home a ring and ask how she is and if she needs anything that you could just hand in for her? I am sure they wouldn't mind as they will understand your concern for her. They will be busy, but as long as you keep to the point and be quick I am sure it will be fine to ring. Hope all is well very soon, love She. XX

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Nikita,

Goodness! I've never heard of this sort of thing before, but it does sound sensible to close up to prevent the further spread of the bug. Phoning is the best answer as Sheila suggests. Hope all is well!

Jude