1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

close to the end. .... at peace now

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by Shedrech, Jan 25, 2019.

1. AliceA

AliceA Registered User

May 27, 2016
    A lovely thought of them to be dancing together, probably truer than some people think. In love people are only a thought away. Xxx

2. LynneMcV

LynneMcV Volunteer Moderator

May 9, 2012
    south-east London
    My deepest condolences @Shedrech. I am glad that the ending was so peaceful. You have been such a strong support for your dad throughout his illness and it is clear that he was much loved.

Well done for all that you achieved.

Thinking of you as you make your way through the difficult period ahead, and may that strong love link, alongside memories of all the good times, see you through.

3. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    I’m sorry to hear of your loss, but your sister was there and it was peaceful none of us can ask for more.. wishing you strength for the future.

4. Duggies-girl

Duggies-girl Registered User

Sep 6, 2017
    So sorry @Shedrech but your dad is at peace now. You did your best for him and that is all you could have done.

He's dancing now with your mum and that's lovely.

5. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    many thanks to everyone
    a surreal day
    it has been lovely to pop in from time to time and read your kind words
    went to mum's grave to leave two flowers; dad will join her there, as he wished
    so tired, so will have an early night
    and tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life
    I feel peaceful knowing dad is now at peace, all anxiety lifted
    he loved treating his family, and I feel passing swiftly and peacefully is his parting gift
    my heart goes out to those who face a different closing of life

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Wishing you a well earned peaceful sleep.

7. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I couldn’t have put it better. I’m sure that’s what my dad was doing for me too.

8. Jale

Jale Registered User

Jul 9, 2018
    Female
    So sorry for your loss Shedrech, but glad (lord that sounds awful, but I hope you know what I mean) that your Dad's passing was peaceful. I think with this awful illness sometimes it is all we can hope for.

Take care x

9. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Somehow missed this, sending my condolences. I am pleased his passing was peaceful.

10. Ostrich63

Ostrich63 Registered User

Jul 9, 2018
    Your Dad sounds like a lovely man. Enjoy the rest of your life. My plan is a trip down the Nile on my own time out and CHILL.

11. Plaisty1

Plaisty1 Registered User

Sep 1, 2017
    Southport Merseyside