Clones

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
I come to this section regularly to see if anyone has news of a new piece of technology whereby I can create a 'clone' of myself. Something as per 'Humans', if anybody watched the series (I don't think mum would notice the green eyes - mine are grey). This solution would solve all our problems. I could go to work, go out, even take a holiday, while the other me took care of mum. Those currently having broken nights with their PWDs could also benefit from a similar solution. The clone might be an expensive piece of kit, but worth every penny.

I live in hope. One day it will probably be possible, but hopefully dementia will be a thing of the past by then.

If anyone has any news on such a thing, please let us know.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I'm sure clones are already up and running. Every day I see teenage girls with identical long straight hair, thin bodies, same clothes, eyebrows of an impossible shape and colour, nails which never could have done any work, and conversations in Englsh of a very limited range and vocabulary.

They cannot be human as I compare them with my school photos which show a motley crew of short, long, curly, straight, messy, tidy, decidedly less model looking girls.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I come to this section regularly to see if anyone has news of a new piece of technology whereby I can create a 'clone' of myself. Something as per 'Humans', if anybody watched the series (I don't think mum would notice the green eyes - mine are grey). This solution would solve all our problems. I could go to work, go out, even take a holiday, while the other me took care of mum. Those currently having broken nights with their PWDs could also benefit from a similar solution. The clone might be an expensive piece of kit, but worth every penny.

I live in hope. One day it will probably be possible, but hopefully dementia will be a thing of the past by then.

If anyone has any news on such a thing, please let us know.

��

What would you do with the clone when you come back?

or......

What would the clone do with you?:eek::eek: (cue weird music)

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
What would you do with the clone when you come back?

or......

What would the clone do with you?:eek::eek: (cue weird music)

:D:D Lady A. No, the clone would be something like the 'people' in 'Humans' - they would have an on/off switch as they would be, after all machines. So on my return the carer would switch off the clone, hide her in the cupboard under the stairs and I would take over again. It would be a bit weird having a 'me' in the cupboard though. Imagine if she was able to switch herself on somehow and make her way upstairs to 'replace' me. Hmmm. Back to weird music, shades of 'Stepford Wives'. Maybe I could destroy her once she'd served her purpose, that way I'd feel safer!

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Well, mum thought there was 2 of me anyway......

That's exactly what I was going to say -- in fact, there were three of me -- and to add that the other two messers did zilch. So be careful choising your clone. It's hard to get good clones these days.:D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
:D:D Lady A. No, the clone would be something like the 'people' in 'Humans' - they would have an on/off switch as they would be, after all machines. So on my return the carer would switch off the clone, hide her in the cupboard under the stairs and I would take over again. It would be a bit weird having a 'me' in the cupboard though. Imagine if she was able to switch herself on somehow and make her way upstairs to 'replace' me. Hmmm. Back to weird music, shades of 'Stepford Wives'. Maybe I could destroy her once she'd served her purpose, that way I'd feel safer!

I don't have TV, so not familiar with "Humans" . If you want a good read on a similar theme though, that would have you looking at everyone sharply and getting cautious about ever increasing technology, I can recommend "Logging Off" by Caitlyn McKenna.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
That's exactly what I was going to say -- in fact, there were three of me -- and to add that the other two messers did zilch. So be careful choising your clone. It's hard to get good clones these days.:D

Maybe one of those cute robots would be better? They don't need to eat, wear clothes, go to the doctor or the dentist etc, just a recharge, a little maintenance and an update of the computer program and I am sure they could make one that looks like me.