Clocks which show the day.

netsy22

Oct 31, 2015
I have been searching online for a clock which shows the day as well as the time and date. I am shocked at how expensive they are. The one I like costs upwards of £70. These days the technology is so cheap, you can buy normal clocks for next to nothing.
Does anyone know of a cheaper one? Are manufacturers of these and other "aids" exploiting the market?

Pinkys

Nov 13, 2014
South of England
We bought one. Expensive but big and clear. Useless, since she never looked at it, except when prompted, and then paid no attention to what it said, if it did not agree with what she thought. It may have worked if we had been able to introduce it earlier in her illness, but she has always refused to accept there was anything wrong, so we could not have the discussion.
So before you spend any money at all, make sure it will be used. If you can!

netsy22

Oct 31, 2015
We bought one. Expensive but big and clear. Useless, since she never looked at it, except when prompted, and then paid no attention to what it said, if it did not agree with what she thought. It may have worked if we had been able to introduce it earlier in her illness, but she has always refused to accept there was anything wrong, so we could not have the discussion.
So before you spend any money at all, make sure it will be used. If you can!

Yes, that did cross my mind. I have bought mum a calendar and wipe-off memo board for messages, but she forgets to look at them. I will give it a go anyway. Thanks for your reply.

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
I have been searching online for a clock which shows the day as well as the time and date. I am shocked at how expensive they are. The one I like costs upwards of £70. These days the technology is so cheap, you can buy normal clocks for next to nothing.
Does anyone know of a cheaper one? Are manufacturers of these and other "aids" exploiting the market?

Hi!

I agree with the link given in one of the messages.
Bought my dad a clock with day time am pm and temp on it. Different types available. Ranging from £13 up to £20. He goes straight to it and can confirm what day time morning or night it is . This makes him feel that he's a part of something..like he's figured it out for himself. We pay no attention to him using the clock. It's just part of the furniture but it helps him a lot. Ordinarily he'd be asking what day is it ...is it morning or night etc. It certainly helps for now.
Best wishes