Clearing PM boxes

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
I appear to have downloaded my Inbox three times in an effort to clear both my Inbox and Sent messages. I have messages in my Sent box but cannot seem to download those. Do they have to be done separately? Can one not just clear both sent and received messages in one fell swoop? (And if not, why not? Can you tell I'm getting just a teensy bit frustrated here? Sorry :eek:) Cannot seem to be able to download the sent messages.

Help would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Nan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry Nan. I have never downloaded PMs so wouldn`t know where to start trying to solve your problem.
I hope you get some advice soon. xx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Nan,

Go to your PMs. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where it says DOWNLOAD ALL PMs AS - select TEXT - and save them to wherever on your PC.

Forgot to add earlier: Then check you've downloaded them all to your PC. Then you can go back to PMs and delete them. (Forgot to add the bit about 'checking' because I check any download before deleting anything from anywhere, being a control freak!)

It works for me - but that doesn't mean it will necessarily work for you, but it should do.

Last edited:

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Thanks for that hint JPG1, the last time I tried to retain PMs I saved each one seperately, didn't realise there was a download option - doh! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sillymom23