Cleanliness

Emmalouise3710

Sep 11, 2018
Hi. I'm new to this site and new to altzheimers.I have recently started caring for my mother,Does anyone have any experience and advice about refusing to put on clean clothes or underwear? My mum is taking clothes from the dirty washing and when I've bought her new/clean clothes or underwear she is throwing them away!

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Emmalouise3710, welcome to the forum, which I hope you find to be a friendly and supportive place.

I know a lot of members deal with this issue by whisking dirty clothes away and putting them in the wash whilst also leaving out fresh clothes when the person is bathing or something like that.

You will likely get other replies as the subject is discussed every now and again

Emmalouise3710

Sep 11, 2018
Thank you for the replies.. the underwear issue is the biggest problem.. over the weekend she threw them all away which just left the pair she was wearing then accused me of taking them all to wash. I can't get them when she goes in the shower which thankfully she's still doing daily because she always locks the door. Any comments are seen as a criticism and she gets very moody and won't speak for ages so it's very hard to know the best way to approach it without upsetting her.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej