Clapping I

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Instead of clapping I decided to stand at the front door playing my violin. I felt quite emotional playing Londonderry Air and Land Of Hope And Glory! I played those on the frontline and the carers like us and to those people that I mentioned in my BBC thread.

MaNaAk

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That must have been lovely.

I found tonight very emotional as we were clapping for carers. My Bill had the most wonderful carers anyone could hope for and between thinking of them and of everyone caring here I found it the most emotional of nights. Added to that two of my former pupils (brothers) had put a live video on Facebook - one playing the pipes and the other one drumming. They finished with Rowan Tree which was one of my mum’s favourite tunes. I was a wreck by the end.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
  1. Week 1 I clapped
  2. Week 2 I arranged with neighbour across that he would use his football rattle and I would hit a 35cm stainless steel mixing bowl with a wooden spatula.
  3. Week 3, others had things to hit, went into road, others followed.
  4. Sorry no violins or other instruments.

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
There were also neighbours clapping, hitting saucepans, blowing whistles and fireworks.

MaNaAk

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
We clapped in our road too.

I have a neighbour who has recently come out of hospital after being treated for Covid19. When he went in he was so bad that his wife didn't he would come back out. He is still weak but back home - he looks a shadow of his former self but just about managed a thumbs up sign to everyone.

On the other side of me my neighbour has a six year old who also got Covid19. He was very ill but came through it - it was lovely to see the little lad standing in his front garden banging a wooden spoon on a saucepan as loud as he could :)

Seeing both my neighbours still here and with us made me feel thankful :)

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Pizza tray with metal spoon! Neighbour one side had wooden spoon.... I think she was envious . Neighbour other side kept looking at us....
Still they are doing a great job whilst I am staying at home

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Me and OH were banging saucepans with metalspoons, we could hear others echoing through the glen.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I like the written explanation under the clip and how the video merged into clapping at the end. ?

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I like the written explanation under the clip and how the video merged into clapping at the end. ?

Lovely to see the wee ones playing their instruments too. I have a neighbour in a nearby street who plays the bagpipes - can’t see him but he’s the background to our clapping.

Stay safe all of you.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

With my weekly recital I decided to play Happy Birthday in honour of Captain Tom!

MaNaAk

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Once again I was in the minority clapping tonight! Only three neighbours tonight! Mind you, I live in an area of bungalows where I am the youngest by over 20 years! I think most of my neighbours are in bed! Tonight I might have woken a few up as I used a metal ladle to hit the metal post by my porch!

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Once again I was in the minority clapping tonight! Only three neighbours tonight! Mind you, I live in an area of bungalows where I am the youngest by over 20 years! I think most of my neighbours are in bed! Tonight I might have woken a few up as I used a metal ladle to hit the metal post by my porch!

Like you @Lynmax, the bungalow's in the cul-de-sac where we live are mostly occupied by older people ( OH and I are not yet 70, so we consider ourselves as youngsters).
We can hear the support for the NHS coming up from our town - we live up a cliff, a few of our neighbours clap the NHS so we bang pans and cheer for the oldie's who can't.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I will be doing my weekly recital tonight but don't forget to clap for the frontline workers paid and unpaid and for yourselves.

MaNaAk