Clapping For Paid And Unpaid Carers And Those Without PPE

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Tonight I will be playing my Violin again and then I will be clapping for paid and unpaid carers and those without PPE. @Bunpoots it would be nice if you could get your comb out!

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
What are you playing @MaNaAk ?

No idea for this week and the next.

However for Thursday 30th there's a growing movement that at 20:05 after the clapping everybody should sing 'Happy Birthday To You' for Captain Tom on his 100th birthday.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
No idea for this week and the next.

However for Thursday 30th there's a growing movement that at 20:05 after the clapping everybody should sing 'Happy Birthday To You' for Captain Tom on his 100th birthday.

I can do happy birthday then :) might do it on the saxophone rather than the comb though.

My youngest daughter has suggested the theme from “Doctor Who” (cos it’s a Doctor). She says she’ll clap the rhythm and I can play the theme on the comb...

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
We clapped for the NHS, and for the carers and front line workers, and especially for you, the unpaid carers.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Went out to clap last night and got a shock! There was a bloke on the corner with a huge trombone and he began to play 'Somewhere over the rainbow'. He was pretty good too!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Jaded and Faded,

I wish I could have heard that as this song used to make me feel emotional when I used to play it on my violin in dad's care home.

MaNaAk

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I don't get to see my grandchildren any more - but 8 year old Olivia and I have a weekly date at 8pm on a Thursday. I phone her on her Mummy's phone at 5 to 8, and she tells me she is ready with her pan and wooden spoon. She batters her pan at the front door and 30odd miles away I batter my pan - we do it together with the phone on all the while. It is a little, but lovely bit of sharing.........