Chucking stuff out the window.. .

Pots and Pans

Jan 13, 2020
I thought it was supposed to be the PWD who does daft stuff like chucking things out of the window. But I have recently discovered the joy of doing just so! Last week, when handed a jumper I didn't want every 10 minutes or so when I was using an exercise bike upstairs - like a puppy with a squeaky toy - I finally opened the window and simply tossed it out. Very satisfying. (It did of course get stuck on the porch roof and OH asked the next day why his jumper was there so I had to get a grass rake and drag it down....)
Then yesterday he shuffled into the upstairs study with very muddy shoes on leaving a massive mess and after a struggle to get them off he tried to put them on again so I distracted... and threw them out into the back garden. Out of sight, out of mind. Worked a treat
But I'd better be careful round the bedroom telly....

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
At an earlier stage of my husbands Alzheimer’s I wrote on here one day that I had gone downstairs with the laundry while my husband was dressing. When I got back he was wearing a vest and shirt and all his other clothes which I had laid out were missing. I searched but could not find and even looked out of the window in case he had thrown them out.

After some time I found socks on top of a cupboard, trousers neatly folded under the duvet but no pants or jumper.

By this time exhausted I gave him replacements but next day I started searching again. I lifted the mattress on my side of the bed and there were the offending items again neatly folded. How he had the time to do all of this and then just as quickly forgot what he had done I do not know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinydaffodil