1. Del24

Del24 Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Hertfordshire
    We have been invited to eldest daughter for Christmas lunch I don't know if we will make it even though it's only 30 minute drive away. my wife is getting very tired lately especially mid morning and early afternoon and that's without the mobility problems.
    Still we will give it a go, never say never.

2. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Hello Del24, do your best to make it, as next year you may not be able too!!!

3. lizzybean

lizzybean Registered User

Feb 3, 2014
    Lancashire
    I hope you make it & have a super day & make special memories. If your wife wants to sleep then just let her.

4. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    I hope you do go. your wife may sleep wherever she is and no one will mind and you will have a nice day with family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Big "H"

Big "H" Registered User

Jul 29, 2013
    Hi Del24 Like you I have been invited to my Son's for Christmas Day but I won't be going as My Daughter in Law will have her Children There and my wife and I will be ignored! plus the Toilet is upstairs where as we live in a Bungalow the upset that will be caused is not worth it for 1 Day.

Merry Christmas to you Both

Big"H"

6. Del24

Del24 Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Hertfordshire
    I know what you mean Big H when my younger daughter visits with grandchildren 6 and8 it's impossible to have a conversation.
    In time they will grow out of it but we haven't got the time.

7. ollie pots

ollie pots Registered User

Jan 11, 2013
    christmas day

i just know how you feel our grandson as asked us for christmas day,but because its just our family my husband will go because they dont mind if he falls asleep,but know how you feel because my husband talks and shouts in his sleep but the family are great with him but when he gets to upset i come home and they understand.so try and enjoy your christmas you never know when its going be your last with your wife so merry christmas to you ollie pots

8. Del24

Del24 Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Hertfordshire
    We didn't make it.

9. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I'm so sorry Del. I hope you had a nice day?

10. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    There are worse things than a quiet Christmas by your own fire. I hope you had a peaceful day.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It`s a pity for your sake but when we went to our son`s for Christmas my husband couldn`t get away quickly enough.

12. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I'm sorry you didn't make it, but at least you tried.