Christmas

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
just popped in to wish all those who remember me a heart felt Christmas greetings to all carers and those they care for.
First year with out my mum but would like to thank all for the support and kindness shown to me while active on "talking point"
Take care all

snuffyuk

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Snuffy, best wishes to you too my love. We are always here for you should you need us. Thinking of you, love She. XX

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
You never know but the only one who goes to WSM regularly is my 19yr old son. If the night light life gets rowdy he's to blame!
snuffy

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi snuffy good to hear from you. I know what you're going through. My first Xmas too without mum and it would have been her birthday yesterday.
Hope you have as good a Christmas as possible and that 2006 holds contentment and happiness for you and yours.

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
thanks to all.It will be hard without mum this year although last year it all seemed to go over her head. So many people seem to think that I should be over it all by now.
Peaceful wishes
snuffy

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Snuffy, you never really get "over it". You just get used to it as the years pass, like you get used to any persistent pain. My Dad's been dead over 25 years (not AD), but it still chokes me up every time I buy a "Mum" birthday or Christmas card, 'cos all the Dad ones are right there next to them on the rack (naturally!).
But time does make living with it easier, little by little.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
"So many people seem to think that I should be over it all by now. " - absolutely not, Snuffy - this is the sort of occasion that is so hard when anything traumatic has happened in our lives, especially the first Christmas/Easter/birthday after the event.

I've had a few horrific Christmases in the past but I've found that if I tell myself, before the event, that I must not compare this Christmas/Easter/birthday to other years and resign myself to knowing that it will definitely be 'different' that year, then that helps just a little.

Lynne's right, time is less of a healer - more like a comforting sticking plaster.

Best wishes,