Christmas worries

paris07

Jul 11, 2007
australia
Hi all,

I have been offered 2 weeks respite for mum , in a care home, at Christmas time, I know I should be delighted about this, but, I have not spent a Christmas day away from mum in many years. my kids have told me I need to spend some time with them but I still can't get my head around it.

I went to see mum's G P. today and she also said I must have this Christmas with my kids as I am getting very stressed and worried about my operation on the 14th January.

I suppose the decision is really out of my hands,but, it's so hard to think that mum will be spending Christmas Day on her own, even though I know she will not be happy with the kids at home here, she gets very angry and agitated and makes it very uncomfortable for all.

thanks to all,
regards paris07

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi paris07

Christmas times are always hard in your situation.

Difficult though it is, I think you need to listen to your doctor.

If it helps any
paris07 said:
it's so hard to think that mum will be spending Christmas Day on her own
Mum may be on her own in that you are not with her, but in my six year's experience of my wife being in a care home, there's a lot more going on there at such times than ever there was at our family home, and a lot more company, so alone your Mum is unlikely to be.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Paris,

I know it`s hard, but try to accept it as another stage in your life. There has to be a first time for everything.

Your mother won`t be on her own at Christmas. She may be without her family, but you yourself say the kids get on her nerves. Instead she will be with others who have more similar needs and, rest assured, she will certainly have Christmas.

Look after yourself, have an enjoyable Christmas and prepare yourself for that surgery

Love xx

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger