Christmas Television

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I am sure I am not the only one to have been with a PWD who has been all over the place today, because the usual television programmes have not been on....

I know we could probably do iplayer, but we can only get that on a laptop, and he does not like that...

In this supposedly 'dementia friendly' world could there not be a channel that shows 'normal' programmes when the rest don't, at Christmas.

Tenable, Tipping Point, The Chase, Pointless, 15 to 1, he has been searching all day for them and getting increasingly frustrated. He doesn't understand when there are only films on - although I did enjoy The King and I today - Yul Brynner was quite dishy in his time.;)

We have dementia friendly towns, cities, villages, why not a dementia friendly TV station, surely someone could organise that..........( with a suitable name of course)

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Yes, I agree.

My wife gets confused when her beloved Tipping Point and The Chase aren't on. In our rental here in Cyprus we don't have good TV facilities so 'replay' isn't available to us.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
The best thing on today was Michael Caine on R4 reading his autobiography. Hope I will catch the next episodes or be able to access it online. Well worth a listen.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
There are ten hours daily of The Chase on Challenge, from noon to 10pm (46 on Freeview).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR