1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Dar Griff

Dar Griff Registered User

Dec 5, 2006
    Caerphilly
    Just a line or two..................

Whoever you are... wherever you are in the world... whoever you're with... whether it's on your own, with family, friends... at home or under care... however much you're struggling with your loved one(s) & the circumstances you find yourselves in this season; may Christmas Day be a time you can experiance peace & a time you are able to enjoy in the best way you can.

Merry Christmas.

Darren.

2. vicky

vicky Registered User

Dec 24, 2006
    wales
    Merry christmas Darren. hope you have a good day. (i see that we live close to each other)
    x

3. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    thanks Darren
    merry Christmas to you too
    love xx

4. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Hi Darren

Seasons greetings to you...........hope you have a nice one.

Love Alex x

5. Áine

Áine Registered User

Merry Xmas Darren. I guess for many of us our circumstances are different from how it usually is. But I join you in wishing peace and enjoyment to all. :)

6. abby

abby Registered User

Dec 19, 2006
    West Country
    What a great neutralising thread.....puts everything into perspective eh?....WTG Darren

Merry Christmas to everyone here from a grateful and thankful newbie.

Abby
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7. jan.

jan. Registered User

Apr 19, 2006
    Cheshire, UK.
    Hi Darren, thanks for that.:)
    Wishing everyone here a Happy & Peaceful Christmas, & all the very best for "2007".
    Hugs to all,
    Jan. X :D

8. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    Sending love

At chrismas
    To everyone
    love bel x

9. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    With love and best wishes for Christmas to everyone on TP and those they love and care for. Sylvia

10. CraigC

CraigC Registered User

Mar 21, 2003
    London
    Merry Xmas everyone and hope you all have a good day. As Darren says perfectly, "however much you're struggling with your loved one(s) & the circumstances you find yourselves in this season; may Christmas Day be a time you can experiance peace & a time you are able to enjoy in the best way you can." That's my plan anyway ;) thanks Darren.

11. mojofilter

mojofilter Registered User

May 10, 2006
    St.Helens
    Happy Christmas to everyone at TP ....

I had a nice long, trouble free visit with my mother yesterday.... That's the best Christmas gift that I got this year.

Love,

Paul

12. Momx4

Momx4 Registered User

Oct 19, 2006
    Thank you for your seasonal wishes, Darren. Have a peaceful day too and my best wishes to all here. Your chats are a great help and comfort.

For the first time in over a year, we were able to take my Mum out of the EMI unit for a couple of hours and she was so relaxed and happy. Waved her ice-cream spoon and wafer, (which she wanted to take back to her 'hotel') at the passing traffic and insisted she would be driving again soon. A special day for us and her grandchildren.

With kind wishes

13. twink

twink Registered User

Oct 28, 2005
    Cambridgeshire UK
    Merry Christmas Darren and everyone on TP from me too.

Went to see Steve today in the assessment unit in the hospital and he was happy and cheerful and talking about work the whole time we were there. He thinks he still works as a kitchen fitter. On Saturday when I went we had tears but today he was happy, the only tears today were from my Mum who hasn't seen him since August. Steve may be leaving there next month (fingers crossed) to go to a lovely home 2 miles away from our home so that will be wonderful if he gets funded.

Happy Christmas to one and all.

Love Sue x

14. Grandaughter 1

Grandaughter 1 Registered User

Jan 17, 2006
    Hampshire
    Merry Chrismas Darren.

My Xmas day isn't the best as Grandad got admitted to a nursing home on Friday but I am trying to be strong and "normal" for my children.

Love and best wishes to all TP members x

15. nicetotalk

nicetotalk Registered User

Sep 22, 2006
    stretford
    HI darren

Merry xmas to you iam sure for a lot of people its a sad time of year, my first xmas without my mum it heartbraking. I woke up this morning and the first thing i said was happy xmas to my mum cried my eyes out thinking of all the mornings she has had with us all at xmas over the years 7 children. Merry xmas to all that are still with there loved ones and chesrish every moment.
    kathyx