Christmas Day

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Well it is here, christmas day. I wish you all you wish yourselves and will be dropping in from time to time over the next 3 days. Please post if needs be.

God bless, and may we all have a peaceful few days. Connie

Last edited:

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
Hi All

A very merry christmas to you all and a peaceful new year. This is the 1st christmas in I don't know how many years that mum in law has not been with us on christmas day and it feels strange to say the least. We went to see her yesterday at the nursing home where she is very happy, she has no idea that its christmas, we gave her the presents we had bought and the one thing that brought the most smiles to her face and made her chat so much (even if it was double dutch) was a little cuddly dog which is like an handbag just big enough for her to keep all her tissues in, my son bought it for her and she was over the moon, guess for her 80th birthday in Feb we will be buying her a big soft cuddly toy as these seem to make her the happiest and its really nice to see her happy.

Jan

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Well its Christmas morning, love to you all, I hope you have a good Christmas, lotsaluv and christmas hugs, She. XXXXXXXXX :)

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
First Xmas Day post for me.
Went to Son's ate a massive turkey dinner,came home and went to sleep,
Heard from the other Son and family this morning,wish they where nearer.
Going for a cup of tea now.
Maybe catch you tonight Jude?
Norman

susie

Nov 30, 2003
shropshire
Ditto Norman. We ate a huge meal at daughters,played with the grandchildren David kept to his routine and had his nap and I had a few glasses to drink. Taxi home and now David is ready for bed . We survived the day quite well but I still find it difficult to get used to the lack of emotion when opening presents. If he remembers what he's got tomorrow, I'll be amazed. A reasonable day though. While we're in a foggy gloom, Jude may be out sunbathing!!!

Merry Christmas

Susie

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi All,

Jude is most definitely not sunbathing! I'm trying to keep in the shade because it's absolutely baking here! It's Boxing Day Morning and already about 35C and it's only 8.15am. I've just finished an early morning pruning session on the orange trees and I figure the wisest thing to do is sit down with a book until 6pm, when it may just start to cool down....

Sorry to hear the weather's pretty gloomy at home.

Jude

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Took Lionel down to the beach hut this morning. "Winter Pimms and toasted teacakes" the family really enjoyed themselves, weather bright but cold.
No reaction from Lionel, it was hard to tell if he was happy or sad!!!!!

I think christmas has passed him by, he is with us, but not....you all know the feeling. Still we have enjoyed our boxing day. Take care, Connie

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Later this evening

Lionel was like a different person this evening. Alert, making occasional comments about what was happening on the television. One son and family were still with us, and everyone remarked about the change.
He has been the most receptive this evening that I have seen him for a long while.
Off to the pantomime tomorrow, again with all the family (11 of us).
Fingers cross that Lionel enjoys himself. Connie

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Merry Christmas all...

sorry I'm a day late, but busy as a bee doing all the cooking and the eating etc. etc.

Hope you all had a great Christmas - my best wishes for the rest of the year, and of course for 2006.

:)

N.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR