We are in the process of choosing a care home which will be all or part funded by the LA until such times as our house is sold if I die first. I have made a choice which John likes and would be willing to go on a waiting list for it. Our SW who is dealing with the financial end of things tells me a decision will be made by her superiors this coming week but she seems to be stressing they may not agree with my choice and want to recommend another home. I have read the Care Act 2014 and it seems to emphasise the importance of choice within reason. I believe I have a very good case for the choice so can I take any action if the decision next week goes against me? How successful would that be? Should I just accept what they say even though I will not be happy about it?