Chest infections versus vascular dementia

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
Does any one know of a link that tells you about reoccurring chest infections and vascular dementia? This is the 2nd chest infection in a month now my OH has had ,in may he has a urinary infection and when he was diagnosed in dec last year a chest infection. Are these quite common with people with dermentia and what causes them ?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
There have been a few threads about recurring chest and other infections over recent years. If you use the' Search' facility and input 'chest infections' you will be able to see previous comments. I hope that helps.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My mother and my husband both had recurring chest and urinary infections. My mum had vascular dementia and my husband had Alzheimers.

It seems very common for people who have dementia to suffer from infections such as these. I wondered if this link might be of interest to you -

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
I have read the link some useful information in it.
We are due to see the doctor tomorrow Im going to mention about getting him referred back to the memory clinic His dermentia has got worse over the past 2 weeks surely they must be able to do something!