Cheered up

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Yesterday husbands son in law came and cut my grass. Also cleared the garden of all the accumulated debris like plastic pots and junk that I used to use when I grew a lot from seed. The last three years its just run away from me. Even with a hoist turning 18st of inanimate body is grinding me down.
Now it looks so fantastically tidy I keep thinking I'm in the wrong place.
Bless sons in law who can do so much quickly that would take me weeks to do if ever.
Now all I have to do is keep it looking pristine. But it made a big difference to my state of mind. May even be motivated to sort the borders a bit!

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
It's a good feeling, bemused! I feel the same, as over the bank holiday weekend my hubby and I have tidied both the front and back gardens, and yesterday we did the patio and emptied and got rid of loads of old tatty pots. Now I'm ready to put some bedding plants in them to add a splash of colour ... and it's raining :rolleyes:

PS - but please don't put yourself under more pressure to keep it pristine. Gardens are rarely that!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Yesterday husbands son in law came and cut my grass. Also cleared the garden of all the accumulated debris like plastic pots and junk that I used to use when I grew a lot from seed. The last three years its just run away from me. Even with a hoist turning 18st of inanimate body is grinding me down.
Now it looks so fantastically tidy I keep thinking I'm in the wrong place.
Bless sons in law who can do so much quickly that would take me weeks to do if ever.
Now all I have to do is keep it looking pristine. But it made a big difference to my state of mind. May even be motivated to sort the borders a bit!

The garden looking good is a bonus but the young man who came to your aid and gave you support is a blessing! We need more of that sort of help.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
What a kind husband's son-in-law bemused. I'm so pleased it has cheered you up.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
:)wonderful news bemused, nature is a great healer for mind and body, so pleased your garden has given you a smile...hows about growing a few veggies or fruit bushes..interesting to watch and will fill up any space the weeds..or gods unwanted flowers as they called..to grow x

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Know what you mean, after barely touching my garden this last year I had to turn to a gardener and in 2 visits he has achieved what would have taken me till August Bank Holiday!!! He has instructions not to go for perfect, that would just create more work for me when he is not here. Today for the first time I was able to just potter out there and it felt so good to be able to come inside with no backache and feeling exhausted.