CHC funding, steps, process for end stage (kidney disease 8%)

londondughter

Oct 6, 2020
Hi All,
wonder if I can get insight into the CHC funding. parent has several health conditions, been diabetic for 40 plus years, kidenys are functioning at about 8%, dialysis not suitable as age 86, had cancer surgery 3 years ago, health has been going downhill lot more since March.. Had carers coming home, 3 times a a day, funded by CCG since March. Been in & hospital several times and during horrid lock down, last visit due to breathing, bloating and fluid on lungs. Been sent letter by local authority for financial assessment.
have had read thru the posts here and links on NHS and beacon website too and trying to ascertain how/who to request full CHC assessment and if anyone here had success in similar issue.

ancistrus

Nov 15, 2020
hi you say he is funded by ccg but then you want to know how to request chc?
can i ask what funding is provided by ccg

londondughter

Oct 6, 2020
hi you say he is funded by ccg but then you want to know how to request chc?
can i ask what funding is provided by ccg
hi since March the careres that have been attending has been paid for by CCG (maybe due to covid) and now the LA want to do financial assessment.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
You can ask your GP or social worker (if you have one) to request a CHC assessment from the CCG. I think you can also contact the CCG directly - check your local CCG website.

Edit: Just to add that there may be a delay in getting a CHC assessment as there have been backlogs due to the covid situation.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @londondughter
this may help
and to chat this over maybe call the Support Line

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Hi @londondughter we got CHC for dad last year. Dad had alzhiemers and was end stage oesophageal cancer but still living in his own home with me looking after him. The hospice arranged it all. His oncologist had registered him with the hospice long before but we had muddled through on our own up until about 3 weeks before he died. Dad got a hospital bed delivered and we were provided with carers twice a day. That was it really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petal705