CHC case - any hope beyond the IRP?

Marbella79

May 2, 2015
hi all
Just lost our IRP after 3.5 years fighting my mother's case. Appalling process and they have not followed the government guidelines or their own DST framework. Definition of 'primary healthcare need' suitably ill-defined. Process riddled with awful communication and errors.
Is there any point taking this to the Parliamentary Ombudsman? Anyone had any success with that? What is the process? Should I just let it go after 3.5 years hard work and frustration?!...

Thanks for any thoughts.....

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
I'd be interested too. For the past 3 years we've 'passed' the initial test to be referred to panel and each time been refused.

Timeout

Feb 10, 2012
We are in exactly the same position. Our mum sounds the same as yours to a tee Lemonjuice apart from needing the diazepam. We were turned down at IRP last September and I thought that may be the end of the road but in the IRP the chair recommended that mum should be reassessed in 3 months - lo and behold 3 months has passed and no reassessment carried out. Does this mean they are out of process again and we have some chance of taking it further?
I contacted a solicitor for advice and they want almost £1000 to investigate whether we have a case, the problem is that care home records are scanty, GP notes are non existent as she doesn't require any meds and despite hospital admissions running into double figures due to 'seizures' the hospital can never find anything wrong and they discharge her back to the CH within a few hours.
I think we'll be wasting our money but something niggles at me to say keep fighting.

CCGcrusher

Aug 24, 2016
Lost IRP

hi all
Just lost our IRP after 3.5 years fighting my mother's case. Appalling process and they have not followed the government guidelines or their own DST framework. Definition of 'primary healthcare need' suitably ill-defined. Process riddled with awful communication and errors.
Is there any point taking this to the Parliamentary Ombudsman? Anyone had any success with that? What is the process? Should I just let it go after 3.5 years hard work and frustration?!...

Thanks for any thoughts.....
IRPs are a lottery. They are set up to give an impression of due process.
I actually won my mother's case for funding at IRP.
The CCG then told me they "did not agree wither the IRP recommendation".
After this outrage I went on the offensive- quite literally.
Called them out as liars in their public meetings. Got articles in the national press.
It worked. Got my mother's Care fees returned and a number of CCG personnel sacked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart