1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. yorkshirerosie

yorkshirerosie Registered User

Jul 14, 2010
    cheshire
    Mum is being assessed for CHC next week, I don't really know too much about it or what to expect other. I am aware that it is very hard to receive but can anyone offer any advice please?

2. katie1

katie1 Registered User

Aug 5, 2014
    Kendal Cumbria
    Has your Mum had a CHC Checklist completed? and is this the CHC full assessment?
    if so just google the NHS CHC DST (which is the decision support tool, the thing that they use to look at all sorts of different areas to help them decide if a person qualifies for the funding) You could always read the NHS continuing healthcare and funded nursing care framework but its a huge document! I have found it very useful as it guided me though the process for getting CHC funding for my Dad. There is also a section on how to appeal.
    you could also look on www.farleydwek.com who produce several free booklets about the CHC process and advice on funding and the care system
    also the care to be different web site

3. yorkshirerosie

yorkshirerosie Registered User

Jul 14, 2010
    cheshire
    Thanks for your reply, I've no idea at what stage we are as I haven't been told anything about it . I will have a read through your recommendations today, thanks!