Charity runs and other events

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hello all
hope this isnt out of place here, I tried to get myself some info about the inca trail trek but nothing arrived so guess i was too late, also when I registered I would love to have got involved in the charity runs that were arranged but disappointed to see that they were all for End Sept so missed out.

Are these done every year?
In whcih case who do I approach to get involved for the next ones?
Are there any other events being arranged for us "not exactly runner shape" type people? (seriously I have trouble wallking so dont expect to do much running at the moment)
And can Daisy my pet cow join in??

Seriously I would love to get involved in doing something positive that will help raise money and awareness to more people. It may be that the local group that Mum goes to will do something but I havent seen anything about it so far. As I am really unfit anything that involves a lot of running etc will need me to go on some sort of diet/fitness regieme so the sooner I know the better. It will therefore be very useful to me also as it helps to have something to focus on, dedication not being my strongest suit.

My admiration and respect to everyone taking part in these activities hope you have as much fun doing them as I have watching you...

TED

C

Chesca

Can,t help you there, TED, but there is a mad woman on this site, name of Jude, who is aiming to take the Inca Trail, and no doubt she'll advise of future events.

Also if you go to the AS Home page you will see listed on the left a range of topics and there is one about fund raising and events energetic.

Kindest regards
Chesca

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
hello
thanks for the reply
I will probably contact JUDE and ask later on

as for the AS homepage that is where I saw the information to begin with and asked for some more details and fund raising packs etc but absolutely nothing showed up nor did i get a reply, so thought I'd ask if anyone else knew of anything that happens or if they are annual events in which case I will keep trying for next year.

cheers anyway
TED

C

Chesca

Dear TED
See, I told you I was useless in matters energetic! Jude is the lady to speak to and am sure she'll let you have details as soon as...

And...............what is this about Daisy? I think we should be told.
Kindest wishes
Chesca

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Daisy is my adopted pet cow, I rescued her when the foot and mouth thing was happening, she's a bit mad but apart from that good fun (mooooo) - see my other post on the general discussion part of the talking point .... the one about sounding off it's there.
keeps me smiling anyway
will contact jude and see if she has anything to say
TED

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
thank you Nada

It was the events team that I contacted first of all about the Inca Trek and other things but despite giving them my address and details etc never heard a thing.
So thought I'd see if anyone did anything else. Am going to see the local Alz. group that my parents go to and see if they have any plans as I'd like to help them out in the first instance.

will check back these links, I have a friend who has walked the great wall so will see how that was for them first too.

thanks again
TED

Hi Ted

Apologies for not receiving any information back regarding the 2005 Peru Trek. If you emailed us your details you should have received the information via return. It may be that the SPAM filter on your email rejected our response. If we were aware that your computer had not received our automated emailed response we would then have sent the information by post. Anyway I can only apologise.

As Nada has said, we do have a very exciting Great Wall of China Trek on 1-11th October 2005. This trek allows you to catch a glimpse of village life and visit areas of outstanding beauty. You do need to have a good level of fitness but we provide a 16 week fitness programme to help you prepare! If you would like me to send you an information pack please email me your postal address to sdaniels@alzheimers.org.uk.

Unfortunately your cow will have to stay at home!

For information about all our running events please visit www.alzheimers.org.uk/Events

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me (Sharon Daniels) on 020 7306 0606 ext 2311.

Warmest wishes

Sharon