Charity Run

Amanda

Jul 13, 2004
Newbury
Hi everyone,

I have signed up to do the British 10k in London! I'm running for Alzheimers and I'm doing ok for sponsors at the moment!
My race number is 1368, my fiance's is 1369 and my stepdad is running too. So look out for us if it's televised!

I'm feeling quite good about it because although my mum doesn't always want to see us and I'm finding it hard to feel like I'm doing enough for my mum. This gives me the chance to do something positive.

Wasn't sure if I would be able to do it because I have thyroid problems and during the training I became unwell. So I'm going to take it steadily- therefore I wont be breaking any world records but I'm determined to finish atleast.

The only problem with all of us running together is that we're going to have to leave my mum for a few hours with a friend. She knows her quite well but I'm still a little worried!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Amanda

Amanda

Jul 13, 2004
Newbury
Sponsorship

Hi everyone,

Took Nada's advice! If anyone would like to sponsor me for my run on sunday please do!!!

I have a web page now that you can sponsor me on line.

www.justgiving.com/amandamoss

Thank you to everyone for thier support.

Amanda

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hello All -

Have a look at Amanda's web page - it's very professional. Make sure you've got your credit card handy when you're looking....

Jude

Amanda

Jul 13, 2004
Newbury
MBE

How lucky am I having someone so posh sponsoring me!!
I've just about got my a,b,c's.....
What did you get it for Norman? [if you dont mind me asking!]

Amanda

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Nada
it is me but I am not a celebrity just an ordinary bloke
Amanda I am not posh I got it for services to health care in the West Midlands

Best wishes Norman

Amanda

Jul 13, 2004
Newbury
MBE

What an achievement!
Congratulations, it's so nice to hear that 'ordinary blokes' don't get forgotten about and are honoured for thier help to society.

Amanda

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Norman,

You might think you're just an ordinary bloke, but you must have worked really hard for ages to get such an award. I'm really impressed too! Good on you.

Jude

Amanda

Jul 13, 2004
Newbury
Finished!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I managed to do the 10k yesturday. It was a bit of a nightmare getting to london on sunday morning, we got there at about 9am and started running at 9.40 am. It was so hot and I couldn't believe how many people there were!
I met Claire the lady representing Alzheimers and we had some photo's taken.
I finished the run in 1hour and 10minutes which was better than I thought I would do.
Feeling really achy today but also like I've achieved something.
I managed to raise £185 so thank you to everyone who sponsored me.

When we got back to my mum she was really upset and crying because I think that she felt quite deserted.
Hope that the money raised by us all really does help this horrible illness in some way.

Thanks again,

Amanda

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Amanda,

Well done....! How can you manage to run so far in such a short time and on a 'hot' day? Please see my PM too.

You must be feeling very proud.

Jude

Amanda

Jul 13, 2004
Newbury
Tired but Proud!!

Yeah you're right I do feel quite proud of myself-I've never done anything like that before.

It'll be your turn to feel proud next Jude on your Inca trial! [I think that i'd rather run 10K!]

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Amanda,

Can you give some information about the race. How did you feel? How many people participated? What happened when you finished - apart from collapsing, I mean! I'm sure you felt absolutely exhilarated...

I have started a spot of modest training. I'm walking twice a day for half an hour, as briskly as I can manage at the moment. I know that the Trek isn't until next May, but I figure I need all the training I can get...!!! I've always been built for comfort, not speed but I enjoy walking and swimming. I'm not exactly 'yer actual athletic type of person'. I'd rather sit down and read a good book any day of the week.....

I've sent off my application and have received initial details, with more on the way. Once I know that I've been accepted, then I'll post a web page. I think this is one of the silliest decisions I've ever made in my life... Oh well. No pain, no gain.

Jude