Changes in writing

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Ken
from what I understang the speech programme needs to get used to your voice,and it takes time.
I reckon Bruce could tell your more.
Norman

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Norman

Although I have bought the software for speech recognition, I am struggling with it, but I think this is because of my accent.

So at present I am still persevering with the keyboard, as it is quicker at present.

However I keep trying the software in the hope that I will achieve something before much longer.

Ken

Capycal

Jan 24, 2020
Sometimes letters are not transposed but I hit both the key I want and the one beside the one I want on the keyboard, but Occasionally I find that one that is now where near it ends up on the page. Also if using a modern mobile the predictive text can be a pain in the letter!!

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
An interesting thread. I can still use a keyboard with relative ease BUT I can no longer touchtype. I have to actually look at the keys. Sometimes I get what I call wordblindness When a word or its meaning completely elude me.. As for the written word, my hand will not always go where I want it to. For example I want to write a word such as synonmymous my hand/eye/brain coordination will gets all the downward strokes muddled and the link between an n and an m becomes a squiggle.

Shedrech

Volunteer Moderator
Dec 15, 2012
Yorkshire
hello @Capycal
just to offer a warm welcome to DTP

and to let you know and @Dunroamin know that this is a very old thread from 2009

you can see the date of the latest post on a thread by looking top left in the text box

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
yes sadly Alzheimers has reduced my capcity to always be aware of such things but thank you @Shedrech for alerting me. My comments may still be of help to someone methinks