CHANGE IN BLOOD PRESSURE

Welchy07

Feb 8, 2017
My dad is 78 been in and out hospital since feb with bowel movement probs his body normally 145/78 heart rate 100-110 last couple days he slept loads, talking is mumbled and slow not eating as much (still had good appetitive till now : but today his body is low for him108/80 heart rate in 130’s temp normal I’m not sure whether to ride tonight out or phone 111 about him he doesn’t look well : has a dnr in place what do I do that is right for him or am I worrying over nothing

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
I understand,it’s beyond difficult wanting to do the best and the right thing. How about out of hours GP to do the check?
And talk to the GP about your concerns.
I’m now thinking do out of hours GP still operate or is it all 999, ring the GP surgery number and they will have a message directing you to the right place for out of hours.
I so feel for you. X

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I understand,it’s beyond difficult wanting to do the best and the right thing. How about out of hours GP to do the check?
And talk to the GP about your concerns.
I’m now thinking do out of hours GP still operate or is it all 999, ring the GP surgery number and they will have a message directing you to the right place for out of hours.
I so feel for you. X
When you ring 111 if they think an out of hours doctor is the best action they will send one.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Welchy,

If you call 111 it maybe that they just send a doctor out. At least if you call them it could put your mind at rest.

MaNaAk

You should get a doctor to look at your dad's medication. My dad's blood pressure tablets eventually gave him low blood pressure which resulted in falls.

MaNaAk

Welchy07

Feb 8, 2017
Thanks for reply we phoned 111 resulted in paramedic and ambulance they said conditioned pneumonia in a and e now on ward 3 days of intovenous antibiotics and oxygen over weekend yesterday he was brilliant off oxygen consultant cane today they more concerned with heart rythym and said it not pneumonia but he has shadows on both lungs morebon right and they can’t hear his heart through the back with stethoscope but obviously there heartbeatbhe sitting up and beat through wrists : so distressed as this ward not as informative as the others he been on x

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Do the hospital have a dedicated Dementia
Matron, who could help you with communication with the ward? Or maybe the PALS ....I think all hospitals have those. (It is a patient liaison service).