Challenging a retrospective CHC decision

Misstep

Oct 7, 2015
South Wales
Does anyone have experience of this? I totally disagree with the decision, but I'm very unclear about how to deal with it. Can I:
1. Ask to see all of their evidence
2. Ask for written statements of things I was told but don't appear in care statements, such as the date the mental health nurse assessed my relative as having severe cognition difficulties?
3. See a copy of the original decision and notes made at the meeting about that? (they weren't going to award it, but changed their minds when I pointed out a safeguarding issue that they weren't aware of)
4. Can I have a note-taker of my own choosing at the meeting with them?
5. Is there any other appeal route if they refuse to change the decision after a meeting?

Help on any or all of these questions would be greatly appreciated

monto

Mar 4, 2020
Does anyone have experience of this? I totally disagree with the decision, but I'm very unclear about how to deal with it. Can I:
2. Ask for written statements of things I was told but don't appear in care statements, such as the date the mental health nurse assessed my relative as having severe cognition difficulties?
3. See a copy of the original decision and notes made at the meeting about that? (they weren't going to award it, but changed their minds when I pointed out a safeguarding issue that they weren't aware of)
5. Is there any other appeal route if they refuse to change the decision after a meeting?