Celtic Connections - carers

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum.

I've just listened to a radio programme about a concert on Monday 20th January as part of Celtic Connections.

It's hosted by Tommy Whitelaw. His mother had Alzheimer's and some time ago there were some posts on TP about Tommy's walk.

This concert is by artists who have given their time to share music inspired by carers. I believe the music is interspersed by readings of letters sent to Tommy. I wish I'd known about the concert earlier.

http://glasgow.stv.tv/articles/2606...tions-with-eddie-reader/?fromstreampost=60969

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Morning Izzy , Sorry you only found out about the Concert today , what a shame as am sure its going to be a good evening . Tommy W has his own F B Page ( was not sure if you knew ? ) have not looked but think ? its to with his U K Walking Tour ( meeting Carer 's etc & fighting for better help etc )

Just a thought ....... Know its not the same but will a C D or D V D be done tomorrow night ? Some times they are done

Grove x

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
Wish I had know earlier too. This concert has not been mentioned in our area Izzy.
You can still buy tickets but it's short notice for my friend and I to sort sitters.
We went last year and saw Aaron Neill. I have been a fan for years.

Carol
Sent from my GT-P5110 using Talking Point mobile app

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have never been to Celtic Connections but I have friends who go every year. I didn't think about looking at the programme online. We could have stayed at my brothers but too late now due to OT coming tomorrow. Too rushed.

There was an article about it on Radio Scotland this morning and they played some of the music and Tommy W was interviewed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet