CD released yesterday

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
Hi
Can anyone tell me the name of the new dvd released yesterday by the alzheimers society so that I can download it to help with the numbers to get it into the no. one spot
we need as many people as possible to download it. I have seen it and it is very good

Thanks

Pon

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
Hi
Can anyone tell me the name of the new dvd released yesterday by the alzheimers society so that I can download it to help with the numbers to get it into the no. one spot
we need as many people as possible to download it. I have seen it and it is very good

Thanks

Pon

SORRY JUST TO ADD WE WERE GIVEN www.CDBABY.COM to log into but I cannot find it on there

Thanks again

Pon

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
Hi Izzy

Sorry no it's not that one there are no singers on it it is just scenery music and text on it. It describes feeling that are felt about dementia

Thanks for trying

Pon

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
gringo

I think you are looking for "Never will forget" sung by Ian Calvert. You can find it on YouTube. Be careful it will make you cry!

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
I have just played it on You tube. So beautifull.The words just touch the heart strings xxx
Love Sonia xxxx

THANKS GRINGO THAT'S THE ONE I've downloaded it , for funds it does pull at your heart strings but is very true

Thanks so much I hope as many people as possible download it the Alzheimers Soc need the funds

Thanks again

Pon

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Can I ask people to be cautious about downloading this until there is some confirmation about where the funds raising by the sale of this are actually going? I see in one place that there is mention that the rights for the song have been transferred to AS, but elsewhere (specifically on the paid download page) there is no such mention. It's probably absolutely fine, but I think it would be wise to confirm this first.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Thanks Kassy - I'll check it out. It's just that it doesn't actually say on the download site where the funds are going (that would be the cdbaby site) and that's a little odd.

Edited to add: I've just checked Norrms thread and that doesn't mention where the funds are going either. So I've asked the society for confirmation.

Last edited:

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
Can I ask people to be cautious about downloading this until there is some confirmation about where the funds raising by the sale of this are actually going?

There seem to be two different songs people are talking about already on this thread.

"Hallelujah (Sing For The Hope)"
which on YouTube claims "Every view = $1 donation to the Alzheimer's Association" - though how that's supposed to work isn't explained.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335mOheFXKQ

It does link to http://www.alznyc.org/singforthehope/ - which appears to be the the legitimate web site for the Alzheimer's Association in New York. It also claims "Every view = $1 to the Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter", but still doesn't explain who's putting up those supposed dollars; it also solicits donations - and why not - but seems to be unconnected to the (UK) Alzheimer's Society.

And there's the link to a cdbaby store, where you can buy an mp3 download and it claims "a portion of all proceeds to benefit the Alzheimer's Association", though doesn't say what portion - anyway, still nothing to do with the (UK) Alzheimer's Society. I suppose anyone who really wants to know could contact the Alzheimer's Association in New York.

Then there's this "Never Will Forget" by Ian Calvert: also on YouTube and an mp3 you can buy from cdbaby; it doesn't claim proceeds are going to any charities. That's the one that Norms' thread seems to be about:

Best "Dementia Love song" ever !!!!
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?49098-Best-Dementia-Love-song-ever-!!!!

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes, it's confusing isn't it?

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some form of definitive answer.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I am interested in this thread because I asked Normms on his original thread
If he could tell us if the proceeds from the downloads of the Ian Calvert song were going to the Alzheimer’s Society or another charity
I did not get a response
I think members should be aware that another association called Alzheimer’s Association also raises funds and there is sometimes some confusion in the names
I would not wish to ‘pan’ any thing that raises funds in aid of dementia
But for me the most beautiful DVD about dementia that has been around for along time is
“ I’ll See You In Your Dreams”
jimbo 111

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
Can I ask people to be cautious about downloading this until there is some confirmation about where the funds raising by the sale of this are actually going? I see in one place that there is mention that the rights for the song have been transferred to AS, but elsewhere (specifically on the paid download page) there is no such mention. It's probably absolutely fine, but I think it would be wise to confirm this first.

Hi Jennifapa

I was at the all Wales conference of the Alzheimers society on Wednesday and Ian Sherriff trustee of the alzheimers society actually gave the audience the web sight address and asked all of us to download it as they wanted it to become no. one in the charts and that the alzheimers society would get funds from it. Please can you check this out with H.O.

Thanks

Pon

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
There seem to be two different songs people are talking about already on this thread.

"Hallelujah (Sing For The Hope)"
which on YouTube claims "Every view = $1 donation to the Alzheimer's Association" - though how that's supposed to work isn't explained.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335mOheFXKQ

It does link to http://www.alznyc.org/singforthehope/ - which appears to be the the legitimate web site for the Alzheimer's Association in New York. It also claims "Every view = $1 to the Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter", but still doesn't explain who's putting up those supposed dollars; it also solicits donations - and why not - but seems to be unconnected to the (UK) Alzheimer's Society.

And there's the link to a cdbaby store, where you can buy an mp3 download and it claims "a portion of all proceeds to benefit the Alzheimer's Association", though doesn't say what portion - anyway, still nothing to do with the (UK) Alzheimer's Society. I suppose anyone who really wants to know could contact the Alzheimer's Association in New York.

Then there's this "Never Will Forget" by Ian Calvert: also on YouTube and an mp3 you can buy from cdbaby; it doesn't claim proceeds are going to any charities. That's the one that Norms' thread seems to be about:

Best "Dementia Love song" ever !!!!
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?49098-Best-Dementia-Love-song-ever-!!!![/QUOTE

`it is NEVER WILL FORGET by Ian Calvert

Thanks

Pon

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks

Has there been any confirmation about AS involvement in funds ?????
I originally told my friends not to download until I could tell them
but having read Pon's subsequent post

"Hi Jennifapa

I was at the all Wales conference of the Alzheimers society on Wednesday and Ian Sherriff trustee of the alzheimers society actually gave the audience the web sight address and asked all of us to download it as they wanted it to become no. one in the charts and that the alzheimers society would get funds from it. Please can you check this out with H.O. "

I have told them AS was almost certainly involved and in any case I felt sure the proceeds would go to a dementia fund
jimbo 111

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back yet. I think you are correct - I'm almost certain that the funds raised are going to the right place but I haven't heard anything concrete.

I just wish there was something on the download page - it seems odd that there shouldn't be, but perhaps their format doesn't allow them to put such extra information in.

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
No, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back yet. I think you are correct - I'm almost certain that the funds raised are going to the right place but I haven't heard anything concrete.

I just wish there was something on the download page - it seems odd that there shouldn't be, but perhaps their format doesn't allow them to put such extra information in.

Thanks for letting me know

Pon

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
I've now received confirmation that all proceeds of the Ian Calvert song go to Alzheimer's Society.

This being the case, I'm going to move this thread to the Fundraising forum, as that's probably the most appropriate home for it. :)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968