1. Q&A: Medication - Thurs 22nd November, 3-4pm

Do you have questions about medication and drug treatments for dementia? There's no drug to cure dementia yet, but it's often possible to relieve some symptoms.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Simon from our Knowledge Services team. He will be answering your questions on Thursday 22nd November from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

CCTV

Discussion in 'Equipment and technology' started by PrincessCrystal, May 15, 2018.

1. PrincessCrystal

PrincessCrystal New member

May 15, 2018
    Hello. My Mum has Altzeimers. She currently lives on her own with carer checks twice a day. She is under close supervision with her GP. The GP mentioned that it would be a good idea to have CCTV installed at her front door so that an alert to my phone will tell me if she’s gone out or if there’s an unwanted caller at the door. Do you know who can supply such a service? Thank you, Sarah

2. Andrew_McP

Andrew_McP Registered User

Mar 2, 2016
    There are things like the Ring doorbell/camera which could be fitted and configured to call your phone when someone rings the doorbell.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...iew-deal-with-doorsteppers-from-your-own-sofa

But I think they require a subscription (and of course broadband at the house). I know the occupational health (if I remember correctly) people could arrange for all sorts of monitoring sensors to be installed, and I don't think that would have been too expensive to run. They were monitored by a third party though, and probably wouldn't deal with the nuisance caller part of it.

I didn't follow any of that up though, because I became a full time monitoring system instead. Still not sure that was a good idea, but life doesn't come with an instruction manual... more's the pity! :)

3. Lankymad

Lankymad Registered User

May 31, 2018
    There are apps which let you monitor a house/pet/person for free if you have a spare mobile and wifi in the house concerned. They are basic services and subject to ads, but are free and do the job!
    Just put in security/cameras into your app search.