CCG Refuse my unreasonable request for documents

rageineden

Dec 14, 2015
Thought this might be of interest.
Recently we lost our relatives continuing care funding application which i have gone on about in other posts.

As part of this process we found out that CCG have a policy document called Choice & Equity. This document states that even if you win NHS continuing care no matter what your individual needs are CCG will not provide night time care at home. You will only be offered a care home place.

Most of you will no this contradicts the national framework etc.

I asked in writing for a copy of this document. After waiting 3 weeks i chased it up and today received an email telling me as we were not getting continuing care funding my request was deemed UNREASONABLE and as such they wont supply the document except that i can apply a freedom of information request to them.

Now if this document was deemed to be a legal policy why would you not want a member of the public to see it? What have they got to hide?

Obviously i have put the FOI request in to them. It has made me even more determined to find out why the bureaucrats are so keen to keep this document hidden.

I will let you know how i get on....

Last edited by a moderator:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Strange that it can't be made public.

Plenty of references to the policy in the minutes of all affected CCGs but I've not found a download yet - will carry on looking.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
sounds to me as though they've been tripped up
good luck that was a really naff response from them, clearly don't understand compassion and empathy

rageineden

Dec 14, 2015
Strange that it can't be made public.

Plenty of references to the policy in the minutes of all affected CCGs but I've not found a download yet - will carry on looking.

Thanks for that. I have done a search as well and can't find anything online. I will keep looking and badgering till i get it and will let you know what happens. Still not had the continuing care panel result confirmed in writing despite telling them in writing 4 times. It seems they want to carry on breaking all the rules.