CBT

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Hi Jorbin,

I don't know of anyone having CBT with dementia. It could well be beneficial but only if the person can remember the strategies taught in CBT, like thinking positively.

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
Hi Jorbin,

I don't know of anyone having CBT with dementia. It could well be beneficial but only if the person can remember the strategies taught in CBT, like thinking positively.
Yes but the strategies could be in an east to read\remember chart to refer to again and again.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I think the problem would be with the very 'cognition' part. If a PWD decides at 2am that its time to set out for work, no ammounts of bits of paper will remind them its not the case. By definition they know its the right thing to be doing so why would they refer to a piece of paper?

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
I think the problem would be with the very 'cognition' part. If a PWD decides at 2am that its time to set out for work, no ammounts of bits of paper will remind them its not the case. By definition they know its the right thing to be doing so why would they refer to a piece of paper?
I am recently diagnosed with early altzheimers and would find the strategies useful.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I am recently diagnosed with early altzheimers and would find the strategies useful.
Thats fine, give it a go. By The time many of our loved ones reach the point of diagnosis ( particually parents, where one parent papered over the cracks of the others failings, its far too late